Cor Blimey Crochet!

That is a giant ball of yarn, 'normous' yarn as the artist calls it. 

And she's using it to crochet a piece for a gallery show.

The inside of which looks like a cozy cave of Styrofoam packing peanuts.

I won't lie. At first, I thought it was a giant crocheted tampon, but as it turns out, I was quite wrong. It's actually a large, crocheted bacteria.

...And also a cozy cave.


Cor Blimey Crochet! by UK artist, Inga Hamilton. Her crochet is off the hook... quite literally, as she uses her arms to crochet this giant white bacteria. It's what I'd call a true viral video. (Yes, yes, I know the difference, but how could I pass that up?)

And while we're at it, let's look at a few other little creations that are so cute they make me sick!
(Comedy, it's all the timing.)

improbable
Whoever knew Gangrene was so cheerful?

flickr
Well, probably these guys. They look pretty peppy too.

 All Spun Out
And while I don't see an expression of contentment or glee here, that is one finely crafted bacteriophage. Thanks for that, Susan Burkhart!

Comments

The Best of The Ugly Sweater