My name is Elizabeth Douglas. I'm an artist, a traveler, and a new home owner! Thirty is looming, and I'm OK with that... at least as long as I'm still twenty nine. I work as a graphic designer and do freelance on the side. I've had some amazing experiences in my life, some good, some bad, but all of them have made me who I am. Now, for a few of the more unusual things I've done...
1. snorkeled in the frigid waters of Sitka Alaska
2. found the end of the Alaskan highway in Delta Junction
3. enjoyed doing some metal casting at the historic Sloss Furnace in Birmingham, AL
4. kayaked beside Mendenhall Glacier
5. walked on Hadrian's Wall
6. received communion from the Arch Bishop of Canterbury
7. taken a ride on a pro racing boat, hitting a hair-raising 100mph
8. a box of President Clinton's personal presidential M&Ms
9. and still, worked for one of the captains of Discovery's Deadliest Catch, and have done work for other boats and crewmen
10. sailed through a corner of the Bermuda Triangle
11. worked as an animation inker for some local commercials
12. jumped in 37 degree glacial water wearing only a swimsuit
13. won a radio singing contest by imitating Jewel
14. nearly died from a ride malfunction at a major theme park
15. found that I am unable to whistle with others; I'll start laughing every time
16. taught photoshop at Community College while still an undergrad
17. stayed awake for 72 hours-which clearly made me insane
18. had illustrations published in a national magazine-and had a t-shirt design displayed on international television
19. once ate only pancakes for dinner for a week
20. saved my nephew from drowning
21. will always love you if you give me a Cadbury Crème Egg
22. have watched it snow in the desert
23. a love of rafting, and get a kick out of "riding the bull"
24. watched the Northern Lights while sitting on my parent's deck... in Alabama
25. no idea what I'd do for a Klondike bar.
26. kind of... slightly...evaded customs in a foreign country while carrying contraband; it was a gift!
Other than those basically irrelevant, but (hopefully!) interesting facts, I'd like to tell you that I'm a Christian, and Sunday School answers don't fly with me. The teachings of Christ are hard truths a lot of the time, but I believe they are just that, truth... and that leads to incredible joy. Jesus is my Lord and Savior, and I know that he gave his life on a cross for me, for you, and that all who call upon his name can be saved. Feel free to ask me more.
On a lighter note, I just love it when a man has a foreign accent. Le sigh!